If you ever wanted to create a perfect bound book cover design, you know that getting the dimensions right is a real pain.
Well, thanks to our free layout generator, you will be able to create the blank layout in no time and start designing the actual cover.
It is as simple as 1, 2, 3:
- enter the author specifications in the following form,
- click on generate
- download the layout in png format.
You’re ready to get creative.
Remember to keep the essential elements inside the dark green lines, and extend the backgrounds all the way behind the bleed zone (orange color)
Dear Talented Designer,
So you have some time to spare on your hands, you also have some great royalty-free images or stock photography you are allowed to use and you want to make some money.
Here is how to do it:
- Go here and generate a nice author name (if you’re using already made covers from your portfolio or initial drafts you had created, please change the author’s name so you won’t infringe any copyrights)
- find a creative title for your cover
- keep your image in mind when creating a title
- if you’re using covers already made for clients, make sure you change the title so you won’t infringe on any copyrights.
- you can also come up with a tag line, description, statement or any other additional text you see on book covers these days.
- create a new document (2500x1600px @ 72DPI) in your image editor (Photoshop, Gimp, Illustrator, etc.)
- be creative and design a cover you would be proud to display in your portfolio
- add the right EXIF data
- save the layered PSD file on your computer
- export a high quality (low compression) jpg of the cover
- login into your absolutecovers.com account
- upload the jpg cover on the server
- select some relevant categories and fill in all details in the required fields (the better the description, the easier it will be for clients to find your cover)
Once you’re done you can repeat these steps as many times as you want: the more covers you upload, the more sales you’ll make.
Now, your cover will be reviewed by our editorial team and if it is approved it will be displayed on the site.
- once a customer selects your cover you will be briefed on the details of the project (the new title, author, tag line, or statement) that are required by the customer.
- you do the changes and send the customer a jpg file with the updated file
- if any small updates need to be made you will have to make them
- send the customer the final file
- once the client approves the final cover you will get paid (your account will be credited with the cover’s price)
Always at your service,
Ovi Dogar, Your Cover Guy
Have you ever considered getting a special cover for your ebook at a do it yourself price?
Now this thought can become a reality with our PreMade Kindle ready covers.
How does it work?
- Browse our ever growing cover gallery
- Find a cover that you like
- Pay for it
- Send us an email with the ID of the cover you had selected along with the text you want us to edit instead of the dummy text that’s currently on the cover (title, by line, author’s name)
- We will do the necessary changes and send you the full resolution (1563px wide x 2500px high at 72dpi) cover that meets Amazon Kindle Cover’s requirements.
- We take the cover down from our gallery. Yes you read that right: each cover is sold only once to make sure you have a unique cover
Looking forward to working with you,
Ovi Dogar, AbsoluteCovers.com