Table of Contents
So you have some time to spare on your hands to design a premade cover, you also have some great royalty-free images or stock photography you are allowed to use and you want to make some money.
Here are the steps to design a premade cover:
- Go here and generate a nice author name (if you’re using already made covers from your portfolio or initial drafts you had created, please change the author’s name so you won’t infringe any copyrights)
- find a creative title for your cover
- keep your image in mind when creating a title
- if you’re using covers already made for clients, make sure you change the title so you won’t infringe on any copyrights.
- you can also come up with a tagline, description, statement or any other additional text you see on book covers these days.
- create a new document (2500x1600px @ 72DPI) in your image editor (Photoshop, Gimp, Illustrator, etc.)
- be creative and design a premade cover you would be proud to display in your portfolio
- add the right EXIF data
- save the layered PSD file on your computer
- export a high-quality (low compression) jpg of the cover
- login into your absolutecovers.com account
- upload the jpg cover on the server
- select some relevant categories and fill in all details in the required fields (the better the description, the easier it will be for clients to find your cover)
You have the cover, now what?
Once you’re done you can repeat these steps as many times as you want: the more covers you upload, the more sales you’ll make.
Now, your cover will be reviewed by our editorial team and if it is approved it will be displayed on the site.
Final Steps to do after purchase:
- once a customer selects your cover you will be briefed on the details of the project (the new title, author, tagline, or statement) that are required by the customer.
- you do the changes and send the customer a jpg file with the updated file
- if any small updates need to be made you will have to make them
- send the customer the final file
- once the client approves the final cover design you will get paid (your account will be credited with the cover’s price)
Always at your service,